How He Proposed (As Told by Jeff Himself)

February 14, 2020


CONTEXT: This happened November 16 of last year, this is a written by Jeff, but edited by me, Im controlling, get over it.

Chapter 7: The Plan

After he proposed to me, everything changed, our bond became stronger, our love became deeper and our happiness was through the roof. I considered it to be the best and my happiest phase in my entire life. 


For the next months, as a perfectionist and controlling type of person he is, we casually talked about how he wanted me to propose. It took me a while to come up with a plan, not because I wasn’t ready, hey I said yes on his didn’t I? but because I wanted to top his proposal, as a competitive but sweet boyfriend that I am. I wanted it to be extra special, I want him to be surprised, even though I know for a fact that he’s better at this sort of things than I am.

I was planning to do it on our 6th anniversary last May, but life got in the way, and I found myself unprepared to do so. Then I planned on proposing to him in Baguio, since that’s his favorite place, and hopefully on our target wedding venue. And so I asked God to help me out, answered prayer, Khloee planned a Baguio Trip for his birthday. He prepared an itinerary which includes an ocular to our target wedding venue.
.
Chapter 8: The Recruits and the Unicorn

I started to conceptualize the flow of the proposal. I knew that to do this perfectly I’m going to need some recruits, so I recruited one of our dear friends Iris, we created a secret conversation in Viber as to avoid getting caught by Josh, and to keep it lowkey as well. I also got in touch with Ms. Chaya, the manager of the targeted Wedding Venue. We had a series of back and forth, checked the photos of the place and planned the flow of the proposal.

Soon after our viber group had new recruits, and I’m so thankful to all our friends for lending a hand, LIKE THEY LITERALLY SACRIFICED FOR THE SAKE OF THIS PROPOSAL, but more on that later.

Now, Khloee loves unicorns, so I planned on getting him one, our Friends helped me find a unicorn, Like literally our viber group is filled with photos of the Unicorn stuffed toy in all the malls we’ve been through looking for the perfect one. Thanks to Kissa (MyManilaGirl) for finding and sending me a link on where to buy one online that can be delivered on the same day.  I got the stuff toy two days before the trip, and dropped it off at Simon’s, cuz i cant have it inside our house and risk Khloee finding it

Chapter 9: The Trip

Remember the “sacrifice” that I was talking about? yeah, that huge 3ft long unicorn was sitting in the lap of four of our friends on a separate car where they are over stuffed with, well stuff, and this huge stuffed toy. (I cannot thank them enough)

The whole time I tried my absolute best to conceal my nerves, I wanted things to be so perfect so I did everything I could to make sure that Khloee is happy during the trip, as he get’s stressed way too easily, maybe it’s the pressure of planning the trip, maybe it’s the perfectionist inside him, but I’m sure somewhere in that trip he’d be pissed at something.

Thankfully, Khaleesi was there as well as his multiple clothes to keep him busy throughout the trip and everything went perfectly, until….

Chapter 10: Annoy Khloee

A week before our scheduled trip, I just informed Josh that I “talked to the manager of the wedding venue and scheduled for a viewing”  BUT I’ve already done it a month in advance. Knowing that Khloee is a prideful man, and that he doesn’t like being undermined by anyone, I took advantage of that and acted as if I made the most “jejemon” phone call with the manager, and it worked. 

Khloee: In my defense, I treat everything that involves money like a business, therefore I give a certain level of professionalism and exude credibility with anything that involves me spending MY coins, and I really like this venue, so it was important for me that they see me as a client and not just some curious little kid.

He upped our OOTD game because according to him, he didn’t want the manager to belittle him since he really wants to book this place, so he wanted to look professional and dignified, which pretty much worked in my favor. 

During our 2nd day in Baguio, The Proposal day. We were chillin’ at Kamiseta - Vanilla Cafe, on the pretense that Kissa and half of our friends would go to Wright Park to explore but in reality they were already heading to the venue to set up and buy flowers. We had a schedule at the venue at 3:30, but 3:10 came and there’s still no sign of the others. Now this is where Khloee got pissed. 

Khloee: I WAS PISSED, I’m never late, I’m either late or absent, that’s my thing. Again, context please, I am treating this viewing as a business transaction, and I hate being late to any business transaction, it’s just very unprofessional and unclassy for me to be late.

And we kept on stalling because we’re waiting for a text from Kissa’s group that it’s ok to finally go. Now I know Khloee’s getting rilled up, he even went on by saying “I’ll just take the Grab by myself, it’s up to you if you want to come or not, I will not be super late to the appointment” but I told him everyone wanted to come with us, so we’ll just have to wait a little while, I can see that he’s pissed but he just let it go finally
 
We left at  3:15pm and event got lost thus arriving at the venue at 3:40.

Chapter 11: The Proposal

When Khloee came out of the car I can see him plastering that fake smile he uses when he deals with people he doesn’t like or when he’s simply not in the mood to interact with people. He focused his attention  to Ms. Chaya and refused to talk to any of our friends because he thought they are the main cause of us being late, he didn’t know that it was intentional

Thankfully he got so distracted by the beauty of the venue that his anger dialled down and he started genuinely engaging with everyone. So we went on with the tour, a little Q&A with the Ms. Chaya and for the last part, Ms. Chaya was going to have a “Customary surprise for all the viewing couples” and had “us” in a blindfold.

Oh that bandana ruined my OOTD

Khloee while being blindfolded was placed in the middle of the grand foyer while instrumental music plays, and the girls of our group read sweet messages all lined up in the grand staircase. 

Left to right: Edelle, Sam, Bi, Iris, Kissa, Raf

When the blindfold was removed, I descended down the stairs ever so poise singing “I Won’t Give Up” by Jason Mraz

Khloee: He cried the entire time and couldn’t go through with the song, like I did with my proposal to him.



OKAY, I couldn’t keep it together I was so overwhelmed with emotions, I could finish the song, which is sad cuz I practiced, but nonetheless I was able to provide a message before asking the question and…..



Chapter 12: I Said Yass

Khloee: Well I said yes



We talked with Ms. Chaya with our options and how to officially book the venue, afterwards we cleared things out with him, what had happened, and why we delayed it and that everyone was in on it.

Afterwards, we headed out to The Camp for his birthday bar hopping with his co-birthday celebrant Michael (Kissa’s Fiance and one of our BFFs) and we celebrated three things, their birthdays and the proposal

Our Squad, We Love you all


HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYBODY!  

YOU CAN FOLLOW ME AND CONTACT ME AT MY SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook