That Time We Were Finally Able to Try CANTO

May 18, 2018


As the title suggests, I've been wanting to try this resto in Baguio for a very long time now, way back when it was in the Ketchup Food Park. About two or three years ago (I can't remember Im sorry) me and my friends went to Baguio, we visited the Ketchup Food Club and came across Canto, however there was an extremely long line in. Since we were already hungry we decided to try another resto without a waiting line.

Just recently me and my family went back to Baguio to fix our units that will be available for rent (click here for more info) and on our way to SM to buy supplies, we came across the relatively new stand alone Canto. and we finally tried it.


Coming in there was a loooonggg line, about 11 groups were waiting infront of us. We waited to be seated for a good one hour. Now, we're not blaming anyone, this is a well known resto. However it seems like the number of staff contributes, or is a factor for the long line. The place is seriously understaffed. there are vacant seats and tables inside but the line doesn't even budge, and the servers look absolutely overwhelmed, there were only 3-4 servers serving this huge place (I know cuz I counted)

And finally we got to order, and my oh my was it worth it. Everything tastes sooo good. Let me break it down one dish at a time

Lomo Ribs Half Slab (P209)
Grilled Ribs with homemade barbecue sauce served with cascade salad

This juicy, tender piece of meat, drizzled with their own barbecue sauce recipe is definitely a contender for my top 10 ribs out there. Perfectly seasoned, well cooked, excellent! I loved it a lot.

Chicken Pastel (P320)
Chicken and veggies in creamy sauce under a potato pie crust

Chicken, potato, and cheese, need I say more?

Veggie Pizza (P160.00)
Plate sized pizza, with tomatoes, garlic, onions, mozzarella, topped with alfalfa sprouts and arugula 

It has an earthy taste, but the good kind, if you know what I mean. The mixture of flavors are quite lovely, 

Dessert Nachos (P200.00)
is a typical fried dessert that provides a good combination of crispiness and smoothness with a mixture of sweetness from the ice cream


Canto Bogchi Joint
25 Kisad Rd, Baguio, 2602 Benguet
0917 899 9954
M-Th 10am-9pm, F-Su 10am-10pm



IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO STAY CHECK OUT MY BAGUIO PAD AVAILABLE AT AIRBNB [CLICK HERE]

YOU CAN FOLLOW ME AND CONTACT ME AT MY SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook