DIY Floating Minimalist Pipe Accessory Organizer

May 21, 2018


I have a lot of sun glasses that are often scattered all over my house or my car and sometimes when I plan out my OOTDs I often can't complete the look with a sunglass that looks so well with my ensemble because most of the time I cannot find the specific pair that Im looking for. So I'm currently organizing my stuff, my closet mostly and I decided to DIY something I can organize my accessories In. 

At first I thought of doing like huge wall pockets, but that didn't seem "manageable" to me in the long run, those who have wall pockets know what I mean, they collect dust, they're hard to clean, the list goes on. So I looked through all my supplies hoping to get inspiration, and I came across these long metal pipes from an old "fabric cabinet" (You know the wardrobe with the fabric linings and a zipper to close it, I saved the pipes from that old one). And since this was a recycle diy it literally cost me nothing.

Anyway here I go with the DIY...



  • Metal Pipes (Copper pipes work too)
  • Pipe cutter
  • Nylon
  • Scissors
  • Ruler
  • Sand Paper
  • Marker

Step 1: Clean the pipe, you can do this using metal polisher for best results, or toothpaste if you're feeling kinda thrifty, since these are old pipes I cleaned it twice using toothpaste and a brush.

Step 2: Measure out the length you'd want your accessory organizer to be. mine is 7.5 inches, and mark it using your marker.


Step 3: Use a pipe cutter to cut your pipe where the mark is. I made 3 7.5inches pipes cuz I want three layers only. You can add as many as you want.


Note: If you don't know how to use a pipe cutter here's how you should do it.
-Loosen the pipe cutter first using the knob on the side, once it's big enough for your pipe to be placed inside, well, place the pipe in between.
-Tighten the pipe cutter using the knob once again until you have secured your pipe into place.
-Keep on twisting your pipe until the other half falls off.


Step 4: Sand the edges of the pipe using  a metal sand paper. This is done to prevent you from breaking skin from the sharp edges of the pipe


Step 5: Cut a long piece of nylon. and thread the pipes starting at the lowest tier, then work your way up.


AND YOU'RE DONE, NICE AND EASY!



Since I already had all the materials on hand this DIY cost me nothing. However should you start from scratch..

Metal Pipes (most hardware stores)                P50-100/piece
Pipe cutter (most hardware stores)                 P250
Nylon                                                               P20/spiel
Sand Paper                                                     P10

TOTAL                                                             P330-380

Now 330php is pretty steep for such a simple DIY but note that the most expensive part of this DIY is the Pipe cutter, which can be reused specially at home repairs or if your a frequent DIY such as myself.

  • This is such an easy and cheap DIY to make but the results look nothing but.
  • It can be used as dish cloth rack, an organizer for some cooking tools, you can hang just about anything.
  • It's simple, minimalist, which makes it the perfect hanging organizer because it doesn't add to the eyesore clutter you used to have


Thank you so much for sticking with me till the end, I love to challenge so much, I'd love to do it again, and I'm currently redecorating my room/home office so there sure is plenty more to come. If you like this DIY make sure to visit my previous DIY Traveler's "I was here" corkboard


YOU CAN FOLLOW ME AND CONTACT ME AT MY SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook