Pasta Frenzy: My Own Rendition on the Classic Pesto Sauce and Mac N' Cheese

February 02, 2012

This week I've been eating a lot of Pasta. One, because it's easier to cook. Two, because my fridge has nothing in it except cans of beer and a bottle of oyster sauce. and Three I wanna try cooking pasta with my own experimental recipe. This week I cooked my Spicy Pesto and Bacon and Cheese Macaroni. I shared it with a bunch of friends and neighbors for dinner and they loved it.


I have my personal secret ingredients to add some twist on the classic Pesto Sauce and Mac n' Cheese but I'm not going to reveal them just yet. BUT I am going to tell you how to do my Spicy Pesto and Bacon and Cheese Macaroni without my special ingredients

First up..

SPICY PESTO


    Ingredients:
  1. Dried Basil Leaves
  2. 3 cloves garlic
  3. 1 can Century Tuna
  4. 2 tblsp Chili Sauce
  5. 1/2 cup olive oil
  6. Cheese
  7. Parmesan
  8. Salt
  9. Magic Mix
  10. Grated Black Pepper
  11. Preparation:
    1. Open the can of Cenury Tuna drain the oil and dice the tuna 
    2. Combine Basil Leaves, 3 cloves garlic (Diced), Century tuna, Chili Sauce, and olive oil on a food processor (I don't have a food processor at my condo so I used blender)
    3. Transfer to a sauce pan then cook a little, add a pinch of salt, black pepper, and magic sarap.
    4. To serve with pasta, you can toss the cooked pasta directly with the pesto. Or, if you want to thin out the pesto sauce a little, add a spoonful or two of the hot pasta water to the pesto, then toss with the cooked pasta and serve right away.


BACON AND CHEESE MACARONI



Macaroni Pasta
120g Cheese Whiz
1/2 cup Milk
Bacon
Maggi Magic Sarap
Oil
Water
Salt
Margarine

Procedure:
  1. Cook your pasta by boiling water with oil and salt
  2. If the pasta's cooked drain fully
  3. On a separate pan fry your Bacon
  4. After Frying Drain the oil completely for 5mins
  5.  Mix the Bacon with the cooked pasta together with the Cheese Whiz, Milk and  1 tablespoon Margarine
  6. Add a little salt and a pinch of magic sarap mix
  7. Mix until the ingredients are nicely distributed
  8. Then you're good to go

ENJOY!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook